Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Finishing The Album: Step 24 - Mixes, Tweaks, and Artwork

Tonight saw me being pretty productive with the mix down. I hit two songs tonight, Big Tin Truck and Bordered in Black. Again, please note that I'm just looking for technical glitches that can be fixed via cubase. So if there's a drum hit out of place, or some vocal collisions, I fix them.

In Bordered, I found that I had misplaced a tiny patch we recorded for one of the guitar pieces. I found it, re-inserted it, and cleaned up the edges so that it blended smoothly. Now that I am one step above rank amature with cubase, I find revisiting the songs is very useful, as I can use tricks and techniques that were previously unknown to me.

In other news, Jeff More emailed me high res copies of the photos I would like to use for the front and back of the album cover. They look spectacular in high res, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the final product looks.

This weekend, I took a couple of photos that are going to replace the thumbnails that are currently on the covers. I figure there are twenty or so pics that need replacing. I'm sure we will slip in a "knob hill" shot or two. I'm hoping bill will have some travel-esque pictures that he would like to contribute to that part of the ablum


EDIT:
I finished off a few more songs a bit later. Come My Way and Drinks Are On Me are also all polished up and ready for some knob turning.

No comments: