Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Finishing The Album: Step 2

I did a mixdown of Drinks, now that I have cubase up and running. There were a lot of settings I had to mess with to get it working, but all that is behind me now.

I did a lot of doctoring to the track. I cleaned up all of the intro hits to make sure the drums and guitars sync'd up properly. Sounds great now.

Perhaps on the controversial side, I chopped off the intro, and removed one verse. The song comes in at 3:17 right now, which is a few second shy of radio worthy, if you ask me. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but some of the problems with length are obviously gone. I think it's the right length to hold a listners attention.

I'm going to email the MP3 to bill for peer review. I think it might be good. I have to confess also that the leslie speaker on the organ is great. Gives the song a good feel.

No comments: