Sunday, April 25, 2010

Finishing The Album: Step 20 - New CD Burned

I spent about 2 hours tonight working on cleaning up a couple drum fills on G134. I think it sounds a lot better, but it is not perfect. CuBase is no substitute for Don Varner! Put that in your quote book, fancy boy!

Still, I think it's getting much closer.

I also re-output Above You, which was the song that showed up as blank on the CD. I burned another, new copy of the CD, and have it all packaged up and ready to ship to Bill.

I think here's what I have in mind for the final stretch of the process. I get the songs ready for the final knob turning, and bill does the final knob turning. I think a lot of the songs are really close, and wont' require much work. But who knows. My fear is that once I hand the mixes over to Bill for final knob turning, he will find himself unable to attend to them, due to the many non-trivial distractions he has in his life, like work and his family. I know, snore. :) Still, such is the facts of life.

If we are shooting for an end of June delivery, that means we should have the songs and artwork finished, packaged, and uploaded to DiskMakers by the end of May. That gives us a little over one month to get everything done.

I will take another listen to the CD and see if I can see any gaping holes. yeah, you read that right. If after the next listening, I find nothing I feel is a showstopper, I will transfer all of the files onto a drive and mail it to Bill. It will then be up to him to do his knob magic. Then he mails them back to me, I give it my once over (I doubt I will have any changes) and then we go to press.

I worry however, seeing as how over the past two weeks I have recieved few communications from Bill, and I understand there is a looming threat that he may be shipped out of country for a bit. That would certainly interfere with our plans!!! :)

Onward and upward, I suppose

No comments: