Friday, May 6, 2011

Starting Another Mix Down Cycle

Today, I finished making the changes to the mixes that I wanted to make after the first listening. I then took them to the pool in my iPhone and ran through them all. Two had export errors, so that wasn't much help.

As for the other songs, it's really just an iterative process. The things I fixed now sound really good, but new things have been revealed that I want to fix. Overall, the volume needs to come down on most of the songs. Easy fix. There's a couple songs that have some vocal stuff that needs tightening up, and my biggest pain are the drum fills that are a little sloppy.

But overall, good progress so far. I've taken tons of notes, loaded them into the spreadsheet, and I will begin work on them soon. I'm thinking I might take a break for the rest of the day, and come at it with fresh ears tomorrow.

No comments: