Sunday, May 1, 2011

Operation: ViddyCap is Complete!

A project that has been on the Book of Work for MNI Heavy Industries (LLC) for MANY years has finally been complete.

The goal was to transfer the entire Stickmen/MNI video archive from tape to PC. When I moved to Ohio two years ago, I took the entire archive with me, along with my trusty Digital8 camera and a firewire cable with the dream of doing this in my free time. After all, surely, within two years, I would find the time to do a simple task like transfer a few dozen tapes to the computer.

Wrong.

So when I returned to SoCal, I was hit by a new wave of enthusiasm. I dedicated myself to finishing the project, and sure enough, within a couple short weeks, it was all done.

Yes, the ENTIRE video archive is now digital. It all fits on a 1.5 tb hard drive. I really think a lot of it was just the timing. Had I started this two years ago, I probably would have needed to spend an additional 500 dollars on storage. But today, for 80 bucks at Costco, you can get that huge drive that houses the entire thing.

This means that the first barrier to the production of "Stickmen The Movie" has been relieved. Where we go from here, time will only tell.

No comments: