Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Listen Through of Most Recent Mixes

Today at the pool, while working on my tan, I listened to the mix downs I made last night of what I chose as the most "current" mixes of the album. Overall, VERY good, and I'm quite proud of where we stand right now. It really has come down to the nitty gritty. Here are the notes I took as I listened:

April - Very last beat is sloppy.

Armageddon - Intro is messed up. Could be an export problem. Overall, too loud. Vocal clipping in many parts. Bass drum too heavy. Bass guitar too quiet. Very end of song is sloppy. "nobody left" vocal part has some problems.

Big Tin Truck - Timing problems on "Drop a few shacks" Vocal dissonance on "think about"

Bordered In Black - no issues

Come my Way - Bass could use some timing tweaks, throughout. "No one knows" vocal volue spike/clipping

Drinks - Intro high hat, not sure if it should be there. If so, it needs some timing fixes.
Overall, vocals are low in the mix. Keyboard is too high in mix. Overall, more vocals compared to all other instruments. "Shine your shoes" verse has some sloppy vocal stuff.

Friend - Some sloppy drum fills. Guitar solo too low in mix

Girl 134 - More bass. Tad more piano. Drum error at the very end of the song needs to be corrected

On The Road - Deedles at the end louder

Second Time Around - Intro guitar needs more volume. Louder overall. "You were just beggin" line needs some clean up. Overall, more volume.

I'm still totally in the dark about Guitar Player, but I'll get to that eventually. Overall though, there really isn't that much work to do. Some technical clean up, and some minor adjustments.

No comments: