Saturday, November 24, 2007

StickMemories

Excellent idea Bill Fischer. I had no idea that you could open up a blog to more than one user! And it comes at a good time for you, as I was JUST about to open a competing stickmen themed blog, tentatively entitled stickmenmemories. So good work.

For my first post, I'd like to share something I stumbled upon last night. Now that I've got a scanner, it's pretty much open season on archival elements.



This was to be my opening salvo on my stickmen blog, but I think it's much better here. Serves a wider audience and all.

This is something I must have picked up along the way when we were playing "The Sports Page" bar in Lake Forest. Ah, the good old days. The bar has changed hands half a dozen times since that gig, maybe more. I'm sure it's just as awesome inside. Then again, maybe not. My favorite memory about playing the Sports Page was the guy who was the bouncer. I don't even know if he was the bouncer, but he was the huge dude who took your money. Which might explain in a number of ways why so few people showed up for our shows. Not only did it cost money to get in, but there was always this really intimidating dude standing at the door asking for four bucks.

The bouncer always reminds me of this dude, though we lovingly referred to him as "Solomon".

1 comment:

Swamptooth said...

I always thought Solomon WAS his real name!