Monday, March 10, 2008

It’s been a hard day’s night ...


The dreaded day job has been interfering heavily with music-related pursuits. Not sure if I’ve been working like a dog per se, but only because I don’t really know what that means (said ignorance extends to both the idiom and the latin tidbit). Do dogs get the weekend off? Seems like that’s when they actually clock in.

Anyway, once the F-35 B flies, expect more frequent posts analyzing the band to death on the internet. I mean, that’s what Classic Stickmen is all about!

The photo above is from the “turkey shoot,” thanksgiving weekend 1995. The way I remember it, the band got dolled up in “my first interview” attire, hammed it up in the backyard, and then proceeded to the Youth Center where we actually played some quality rock and roll (for no good reason) while someone, possibly Lance from One Element, took photos. Victor turned one particular shot into the very last Stickmen tee-shirt “In Style.” Perfect fodder for a different post.

1 comment:

MattMunson said...

It was both Lance AND Julian on Fertographer duties/doodies.

IIRC (If I Recall Correctly), this was the straw that nailed the coffin shut in my mind about the internally raging debate over candid vs. posed photos. This entire session was one big "candid" photo, and I swear, there are maybe like six good photos in the whole shoot. Turkey shoot indeed. So yup, this convinced me forever more that the stickmen are best shot posed. I think the Peak photo shoot further proves this. Even fake candids (read:posed) look good.

Anyhow, that's my .02.