Friday, November 26, 2010

Album Artwork Getting Closer

Here is the current state of the union for album cover artwork:








Couple of comments. In re-reading Bill's bio, I did make a couple editorial changes. When we first wrote those down, I was haphazardly taking dictation on my netbook while sitting in the hangar. It was more stream-of-consciousness, not polished text. So in reviewing it, I made a couple TINY changes to make it more prosaic, less rambling. You can compare it to earlier versions if you are curious about the changes.

The picture of bill on the bio page is still temporary.

The song order on the back tray is still temporary. I also added a "producer" credit for both Bill and I. For reference, I tend to list bill's name first for alphabetical consistency. Not because I think he's the boss of me. Which he is most certainly not.

Center fold out/liner notes is essentially done. The ONLY thing I struggle with is font. VERY tempting to use the same font that I use for the BNB logo and the bio page, but I fear that because the print is so small, it will become distorted upon print. A more straight-laced font will probably react better. Just a theory. Not sure. Also not sure if I care.

I am currently working on the on-disk print, which I am just going to make completely simple. Nothing terriffic. ALTHOUGH I am tempted to mirror the BNB logo that is on the background of the bio page. I thought that looked really good on the CD single, but Would it be considered re-hash if I did that?

No comments: