Saturday, May 22, 2010

Finishing The Album: Step 34 - Details on the cover art

I am actually working today. At the office for a Disaster Recovery test. For the most part, this just means I'm on the phone listening in.

So while I had some free time today, I did a little research online about the requirements of the grahpics for the album. Diskmakers has published a really nice FAQ that covers pretty much everything.

http://www.discmakers.com/templates/faq.asp#21

This is a link directly to the question of interest to me.

With a few new answers in hand, I think I'm ready to start assembling the final composition for the album cover. I am still in need of finding some photos for the artwork, and I am of mixed mind on this. On the one hand, there is danger in just swiping photos from the internet. If someone ever claimed ownership rights over those photos, that would be bad. However, seeing as how we're only doing 1,000 cds, I'm not sure this would ever be a problem.

I think my plan will be to go through my photos and see if I can find enough to fill in all the gaps. I probably can, though they will probably not be the EXACT photos i was hoping for. Who knows. I will see.

Anyhow, I'm going to try to find some time tomorrow to start assembling the artwork. i still need to generate text that will go inside. Not sure how that is going to come together.

No comments: