Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time To Declare This Year's Theme

After a phone call to Bill this evening, I think it's safe to say that 2009 will be the Year of Stickmen: The Movie.

The technology is all in place, the 2008 album project was recorded on schedule, so it's time to bite off more than we can chew. What better way to do that than to finally put together a movie idea that has been kicking around in the back of Bill's head for twenty years now.

Though the format of the movie has yet to be ironed out, one this is for sure: it will include interviews and concert footage.

And speaking of concert footage, it's only fair that I drop this one on you:



I actually did not know this existed until tonight. I've been editing together this performance from two different cameras, and it wasn't until I was watching the final product that I noticed this song was included. How did I miss it??? Well, the last 10 minutes of the concert are missing the center camera footage. My guess is the battery konked out or something. This means that I had no need to plow through that footage during the editing phase, as there was nothing I could do with it. So I missed this very rare recording of "Drinks Are On Me". I think this was the only time we ever performed it, and after this, Von Darner put the kaibosh on ever playing it again.

Good news is that we've got it recorded here, and I think Bill and I could reproduce it in the studio.

No comments: